The IACN is a global network of students who belong to an online community hosted on the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries' (IFoA's) website.
Membership enables students to:
- meet and network with other students online
- discuss topical issues with like-minded people
- access student profiles; media articles and Q&A sessions
- access the IFoA's career ambassadors and careers newsletter
- access The Actuary magazine online
- network with employers and find out what employers are looking for
- have questions answered by industry specialists
- gain an insight into the job market.
Who are the members of the IACN and what do they discuss?
From time to time we produce an analysis of the membership of the IACN looking at gender; location; what members are studying; and what they are discussing. In November 2013, the analysis showed that:
- the majority of students are male
- students come from over 35 different countries worldwide
- most students are based in the UK during term time, but many live outside the UK in the holidays.
The subjects discussed within the network included
- development of soft skills
- actuarial internships
- role of actuaries
- how to make an application stand out
- how to get a job with a 2:2.
Download the full membership analysis here.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in joining this online network, you will need to complete the registration form. Once you have done this, you will be given details of how to log into the community and how the community works. You will then be able to upload documents, start discussion topics, respond to discussion threads and address questions to the IFoA and/or employers.
The community will be monitored regularly. Please note that any content that you upload will be attributed to the username you create when you first log onto the website. Therefore, please ensure that you are happy with the content before you publish it. See our full terms and conditions for membership of the IACN.
How will we use your contact details?
The details you provide on your registration form will be used by us to keep you up to date with our activities, services and qualifications. We will also use your postal details to send you a welcome gift when you first join the network.
Your contact details will be kept for the duration of your time as a member of the IACN and we will remind you regularly to keep your details up to date so that we can stay in touch with you. We will not share your details with any third parties and no members on the community will be able to access your contact details.
We are confident that you will benefit greatly from being a member of the IACN, but if at any time you would like to opt out of any notifications or updates, then please contact us by emailing us.
You might also like