University of York
- University of York, HeslingtonYork YO10 5DDUnited Kingdom
Studying at the University of York
If you are considering studying at the University of York, further information can be found on their website at http://www.york.ac.uk/.
To apply to study at the University of York, you need to contact the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service at http://www.ucas.ac.uk/.
If you are interested in further information on mathematical resources and societies, links to other sites can be found at the following:
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- The York Management School
- Other academic departments
- The University of York societies
- Maths Soc
- Economics Society
- Investment and Finance Society
If you are already a student or alumnus of the University of York, you will find further information and careers advice from the University of York Careers Centre.
Work experience and job information
You will find more information on a career as an actuary in the Inside Careers - Actuaries guide (see below), including information on internships, CVs and interviews.
If you are looking for work experience or an actuarial position, the Directory of Actuarial Employers, available via the link on the right, has further details on opportunities available.
Information on part and fully qualified actuarial positions can be found on the website for The Actuary magazine (see below).
Joining the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
In order to take the professional exams or apply for any exemptions, you must become a student member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Further information on how to become a member including:
- entry requirements
- application forms
can be found on our How to register as a student page.
Studying and exams
- Our exams explained. Details of the exams that you will need to sit to qualify.
- Applying for exemptions. You may be exempted from some of our exams because of your degree studies.
- Useful links: