Achieving your First Non-Executive Director Appointment
17:00 - 17:30 Registration
17:30 - 19:30 Programme
19:30 - 20:00 Drinks reception
This networking event organised by the NED Member Interest Group is both for actuaries with a potential interest in NED roles and also those who may be advising firms (within and beyond financial services) on NED appointments.
Speakers will include:
• A recently appointed first time NED discussing their journey
• FSA representative discussing NED appointments from a regulator’s perspective
• Headhunter discussing the appropriate skills and experience to attract NED appointments
Subjects to be covered at the meeting include:
• What skills and experience of actuaries can be most useful at the board table?
• What actuaries can do to build a distinctive profile?
• What are useful courses and development activities for the aspiring NED?
• What are the key immediate actions to position yourself for an NED role?
• Actuaries are often seen as ideal candidates for specialist committees such as Risk and Audit, but what do Boards expect from a NED in these roles?
We thank High Finance Group for sponsoring this event.