Panel discussion: A survival guide to being an actuarial student
Are you a student who has entered the Actuarial Profession in the last two years, or is currently in the final year of an actuarial undergraduate or post-graduate degree? Then this event is for you.
TANC (The Actuarial Network at Cass), in association with the Actuarial Profession, is proud to present 'A survival guide to being an actuarial student'.
In this interactive panel discussion, our panel of recently qualified actuaries of the UK Actuarial Profession, and our panel of employers from each of the main actuarial fields, will be giving you practical top tips on:
- how to maintain a healthy work/life/study balance;
- effective studying while working;
- how to be a good worker - from top student to top employee.
18.00 - 18.30: Registration
18.30 - 20.00: Panel discussion and Q&A
20.00 - 21.00: Networking over nibbles and drinks
- Representing Life and Health: Marjorie Ngwenya, Director, Mazars
- Representing General Insurance - Henry Johnson, Head of Market Reserving & Capital, Lloyd's of London
- Representing Pensions - Patrick Bloomfield, Partner, Hymans Robertson
- Representing Investment - Paul Sweeting, Managing Director, JP Morgan Asset Management
Recently qualifieds' panel:
- Representing Life & Health - Jean Eu, Senior Actuary, Correlation Risk Partners Ltd (qualified 2009)
- Representing General Insurance - Anandi Shah, Actuary, XL Insurance (qualified 2009)
- Representing Pensions - Lara Desay, Manager, Deloitte Total Reward and Benefits Ltd (qualified 2010)
- Representing Investment - Francis Chua, Investment Consultant, JLT Benefit Solutions Ltd (qualified 2012)
The event is sponsored by the Actuarial Profession
TANC is a special interest group of Cass Business School and City University which organises unique events of actuarial interest in slightly wider fields than actuarial professionals may typically have access to through their work.
Although our events are aimed primarily at alumni, we also welcome friends and colleages in joining our network of like-minded professionals.