Sessional Research Event - Insurance Accounting: A New Era?
The audio recording is now available to download.
Pre-meeting: 16.15 - 17.00
Registration: 17.00 - 17.30
Programme: 17.30 - 19.00
Drinks: 19.00 - 20.00
The UK Actuarial Profession’s IFRS working party paper will be presented.
The paper concentrates on issues relevant to life insurers, although much of the content is also relevant to non-life insurers. It will:
- provide an overview of the existing accounting framework for UK insurers
- describe recent IASB developments, covering both the Insurance Contracts Exposure Draft (ED) and other relevant developments
- set out key issues affecting life insurers
- provide a comparison of the measurement models found within the Insurance Contracts ED, Solvency II QIS 5 and market-consistent embedded values
- consider a possible future role for supplementary reporting.
The paper may be downloaded here.
Each event will consist of a 20-30 minute presentation providing an overview of the paper, followed by an opportunity for attendees to provide comments and ask questions.
Drinks will be served after each event.