Solvency II Seminar: Responsibilities of the Actuarial Function
Registration: 14.00 - 14.20
Programme: 14.20 - 17.30
Drinks reception: 17.30 - 18.15
The implementation of Solvency II will affect every general insurance actuary. One of the greatest challenges is the role of the actuarial function and what is meant by the actuarial function?
Some of the roles required to be fulfilled by the actuarial function are new to most actuaries (the opinions on underwriting and Reinsurance policy) and the guidance is open to interpretation. This seminar offers a chance to hear the approach taken by various companies and actuaries and to discuss any questions, problems or issues this raises.
Topics covered will include:
- Actuarial function: What does this mean? How is it different to the Actuarial Department?
- Technical provisions: What is meant by the opinion on the TPs? What is meant by the sufficiency of the TPs? How detailed should the testing of TPs be? How should the process be co-ordinated and to what extent do actuaries need to be involved throughout the process?
- Underwriting policy: What does it mean for an overall underwriting policy to be adequate? How do we measure this? How can anti-selection be monitored if at all?
- Reinsurance policy: How is reinsurance program defined to be adequate?
- Risk management: What should the actuarial function be doing in terms of risk management? Is the risk management team part of the actuarial function?
Who should attend?
The programme has been designed to inform, encourage thought and provoke discussion. It offers the chance to hear from an impressive group of speakers, to engage in debate on the actuarial function and to network with other general insurance actuaries. The seminar should be of value to all qualified and nearly-qualified actuaries working in or advising on the general insurance markets.