Membership of your professional body offers you the information and support you need to excel as an actuary. Your professional qualifications demonstrate your commitment to your career, and membership is recognised worldwide as a sign of your knowledge, expertise and skill.
What membership means for you
Membership also opens up a wide range of opportunities, an exciting and rewarding career path, lifelong learning and the chance to use your skills to live and work in great locations all over the world. All the while, you have the support of a professional body which offers a range of valuable resources and communicates on your behalf with employers, recruitment specialists, government, regulators and the media.
These are just some of the benefits of membership:
- Continuing professional development (CPD) – helping you maintain a high level of professionalism, skills and knowledge
- Conferences and events – a wide range of events that support your career progress and professionalism and give you the chance to network with other actuaries, catching up with friends and former colleagues. Members enjoy discounts for most conferences, and many of the events are low-cost or free
- Ongoing training – enhance your current skills and develop new ones with structured training
- Member interest groups – bringing together those with shared practice or topic interests, or who live and work in the same region
- Forums and discussion groups – join one that tackles the subjects relevant or interesting to you, or maybe set up your own
- Sharing information and knowledge – online, in person or in print
- Extensive library resources – access to over 10,000 books, plus periodicals and DVDs, with a catalogue you can access online
- Online bookshop – extensive access to authoritative and comprehensive materials for actuarial professionals and academics
- Research journals – published by the profession, such as the British Actuarial Journal and the Annals of Actuarial Science