About this event
The President of the IFoA, Marjorie Ngwenya, invites you to join her as she hosts the inaugural IFoA Africa Conference, our series of one-day events in Mauritius, Kenya and Nigeria.
This offers a superb opportunity to network with peers, global employers and representatives from regulatory bodies and have opportunity to build CPD hours through our Professional Skills Sessions hosted by Ben Kemp, IFoA.
This event is supported by the Actuarial Society of Mauritius
- Registration Mon, 23/04/2018 - 08:00 - 09:00 Registration
- Plenary session Mon, 23/04/2018 - 09:00 - 09:10 Chair’s introduction
- Plenary session Mon, 23/04/2018 - 09:10 - 09:40 Keynote address
- Plenary session Mon, 23/04/2018 - 09:40 - 10:40 Plenary 1: Professional Skills Session
Speakers: Ben Kemp, IFoA and Shafique Bhunnoo, President of the Actuarial Society of Mauritius
- Refreshments Mon, 23/04/2018 - 10:40 - 11:00 Refreshments
- Plenary session Mon, 23/04/2018 - 11:00 - 12:15 Plenary 2: Data Science
This presentation provides practical insights into emerging insurance and other industry practices as they relate to data analytics. Several use cases will be demonstrated and will highlight the opportunities for businesses and practitioners to create value.
Speaker: Ashleigh Theophanides, Deloitte
- Refreshments Mon, 23/04/2018 - 12:15 - 13:30 Lunch
- Workshop Mon, 23/04/2018 - 13:30 - 14:30 Plenary 3 workshops:
Workshop A: Mortality Trends in Zimbabwe: Implications on Life Assurance Pricing
The presentation covers the following conversion of abridged WHO life tables to complete life tables for Zimbabwe using the Heligman-Pollard Model.
Speaker: Prosper Tafadzwa Matiashe, FBC Reinsurance
Workshop B: Operational implications of IFRS 17
This presentation will provide highlights of IFRS17 and its practical and commercial implications for the operations of insurance companies.
Speaker: Peter Tripe, Delotte
- Refreshments Mon, 23/04/2018 - 14:30 - 15:00 Afternoon refreshments
- Plenary session Mon, 23/04/2018 - 15:00 - 16:15 Plenary 4: The future of the actuarial profession in Africa panel debate
Speakers: Marjorie Ngwenya, President of the IFoA and Bernard Yen, Aon Hewitt
- Plenary session Mon, 23/04/2018 - 16:15 - 16:30 Chair’s closing remarks
- Networking Mon, 23/04/2018 - 17:00 - 19:00 Member Event
Copies of speaker presentations can be found below.
Please note that some speakers prefer not to make their slides available before the event.