About this event
The President of the IFoA, Marjorie Ngwenya, invites you to join her as she hosts the inaugural IFoA Africa Roadshow, our series of one-day conferences in Mauritius, Kenya and Nigeria.
This offers a superb opportunity to network with peers, global employers and representatives from regulatory bodies and have opportunity to build CPD hours through our Professional Skills Sessions hosted by Ben Kemp, IFoA.
This event is co-branded with the Nigerian Actuarial Society.
- Registration Fri, 27/04/2018 - 08:00 - 09:00 Registration
- Plenary session Fri, 27/04/2018 - 09:00 - 09:10 Chair’s introduction
- Plenary session Fri, 27/04/2018 - 09:10 - 09:40 Keynote address
- Plenary session Fri, 27/04/2018 - 09:40 - 10:40 Plenary 1: Professional Skills Session
Speakers: Ben Kemp, IFoA and Rotimi Okpaise, Ernst & Young
- Refreshments Fri, 27/04/2018 - 10:40 - 11:00 Refreshments
- Plenary session Fri, 27/04/2018 - 11:00 - 12:15 Plenary 2: Data Science – Practical Implications for Nigerian insurance companies
This presentation provides practical insights into emerging insurance and other industry practices as they relate to data analytics. Several use cases will be demonstrated and will highlight the opportunities for businesses and practitioners to create value.
Speaker: Simba Chinyemba, Zenith Insurance
- Refreshments Fri, 27/04/2018 - 12:15 - 13:30 Lunch
- Workshop Fri, 27/04/2018 - 13:30 - 14:30 Plenary 3 workshops
Workshop A: IFRS17
Speaker: Giles Waugh, Deloitte
Workshop B: Reinsurance Optimisation
Speaker: Schalk van Tonder, Milliman
- Refreshments Fri, 27/04/2018 - 14:30 - 15:00 Afternoon refreshments
- Plenary session Fri, 27/04/2018 - 15:00 - 16:15 Plenary 4: The future of the actuarial profession in Africa panel debate
Speakers: Marjorie Ngwenya, President of the IFoA, Alexandre Aquereburu and Yeside Kazeem, President of NAS
- Plenary session Fri, 27/04/2018 - 16:15 - 16:30 Chair’s closing remarks
- Networking Fri, 27/04/2018 - 17:00 - 20:00 Member Event
Presentations will be available to download 2 weeks before the event date.