About this event
Momentum Conference 2017: Get Involved
Recently qualified actuary or currently studying? The Momentum Conference 2017 is an invaluable opportunity to develop your expertise, grow your network and progress your career!
This year’s conference theme is ‘Get Involved’, encouraging delegates to engage with the actuarial communities’ work and collaborate with key stakeholders.
The two-day programme consists of plenary sessions, technical workshops and business skills masterclasses covering both a wide range of topical actuarial issue and some of the biggest global issues.
Key topics being covered in the plenary sessions include:
- Demographic change panel discussion with leading experts
- Protecting against disasters in developing countries – the role of actuaries
- Impact of QE – presented by former Pensions Minister Baroness Ros Altmann
- Cyber risk
The technical workshops will facilitate detailed discussion of important and contemporary issues from each practice area, including:
- Design & machine learning: pioneering the future of insurance
- Climate change
- The impacts of moving to the new IFRS 17 accounting standard
- The impact of personalised medicine on healthcare
- ‘A day in the life of a Regulator’ from the Pensions Regulator
The business skills masterclasses will include:
- The Achievers Mindset
- Emotional intelligence – driving business results
Each session is carefully developed by experts within their fields, and offers a fantastic opportunity for you to update and develop your technical knowledge and broader skill-set. Don't miss this exciting event!
Please note: Delegates are required to source their own accommodation.
However The Grand Hotel, Brighton has a number of rooms on hold on a first come first served basis;
Please call 01273 224300 option 1
Delegates Booking Code: IOFA011117
There is plenty of choice of hotels to suit all budgets in Brighton.
- Registration Mon, 30/10/2017 - 18:00 - 19:00 Registration (Networking & Canapes)
- Plenary session Mon, 30/10/2017 - 19:00 - 20:00 Plenary 1 Optional: Professional Skills Lecture Series with Guest Speaker Daniel Susskind
- Dinner Mon, 30/10/2017 - 20:00 - 23:00 Buffet Dinner and Networking
Papers will be available in due course. You will need to log in to access them.