By sponsoring or exhibiting at one of our events you can showcase your products or services to some of the 10,000 actuaries who regularly attend our events. Sponsors and exhibitors benefit from:
- access to actuaries from the world’s top companies
- promoting your product and/or services to a captive and relevant audience
- direct exposure to conference delegates and the opportunity to network
- a platform to demonstrate your products
- showcasing of your company logo on the IFoA website.
We offer bespoke options across all actuarial practice areas
Sponsorship of Life Insurance conferences and events will give you access to:
- 1000 delegates from top industry providers at the annual Life Conference and Exhibition
- 500 plus delegates across our one day seminars.
Sponsorship of General Insurance conferences and events will give you access to:
- 700 delegates attending the annual four day GIRO Conference
- 350 plus actuaries working in pricing, reserving and capital modelling.
Sponsorship of Pensions conferences and events will give you access to:
- delegates attending 11 annual one day seminars held across the UK
- representatives of the UK’s top pensions companies at the annual conference.
Sponsorship of Health and Care and Protection conferences and events will give you access to:
- delegates working in the specialist areas of long-term care, income protection, critical illness and private medical insurance
- an annual conference that attracts high profile industry speakers.
Sponsorship of Risk and Investment conferences and events will give you access to:
- actuaries working in the Risk Management and Finance and Investment practice areas during a two day annual conference
- a growing community who attend a number of one day and evening events throughout the year.
Sponsorship of our Asia Conference 2019 will give you access to:
- C-level and Director-level executives, opinion leaders, and potential partners, provding an excellent platform for you to develop key business relationships
- Brand positioning by offering an exceptional opportunity to position your company as a leader in the actuarial community
Exhibit at our events
Companies can choose from a variety of different exhibition packages ranging from space only options to shell schemes. All refreshment breaks take place within the exhibition space, guaranteeing you dedicated networking time as well as the opportunity to market your product directly to your target audience.
For any queries relating to event sponsorship or exhibition please contact the Events Management team on:
Filter or search events
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) recently published an Exposure Draft (ED) of limited changes to its insurance contracts standard IFRS 17, effective date 2022.
The IFoA hosts regular roundtable meetings with the PRA on best practice in insurance investment and the application of the Prudent Person Principle, which governs insurance investment under Solvency II.
Presenter: Rahul Verma
Presenter Matt Modisett
An introductory session to help you get ahead with climate change.
- Science, terminology and initiatives: handy facts to keep in your back pocket
- Getting your point across: how to influence people and avoid common traps and pitfalls
- Taking action: what are actuaries expected to do...and what are we actually doing?
This KSS talk, presented by the FCA Head of Department in Scotland, will focus on the following 3 main areas:
- FCA business plan priorities
- The future of regulation
- FCA Engagement in Scotland
For life insurers in the UK, the risk margin is one of the most controversial aspects of the Solvency II regime. Following its implementation, the risk margin came under considerable criticism for being too large and too sensitive to interest rate movements. These criticisms are particularly valid for annuity business – such business is of great significance to the national system for retirement provision. This criticism has led to political interest, and the risk margin was a major element of the Treasury Committee inquiry into Solvency II.
GIRO is attended annually by over 800 delegates and speakers who are keen to discuss key topics such as Pricing, Reserving, Modelling and the future of the insurance industry. GIRO 2018 was a huge success and we have opened bookings early for what we hope will be another brilliant conference at the EICC in Edinburgh this year.
Presenter Jon Spain
Three actuaries – and CEOs – discuss their views on how the business world is changing and what that might mean for actuaries in the future.
Have you ever thought about working in wider fields? Would you like to play a role in the fight against climate change to make the planet better?
It can be difficult to do this - but seeing an example you can follow can make it more realistic. In this ‘green’ case study a template is outlined to show how actuaries can apply their skills more broadly - and in doing so, to make a difference.
The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries is running a sessional meeting on autonomous vehicles on 28th October. The session will showcase the work of the IFoA “Autonomous Vehicles” working party alongside a number of expert external presenters.
The Life Conference is the premier event for professionals interested in life insurance. Offering a wide range of workshops and plenary sessions it’s the perfect opportunity to discover what’s hot and current in life insurance ensuring you get up to date on the latest thinking and innovation whilst meeting and exchanging ideas with a broad range of professionals.
The IFoA is pleased to announce that this year’s Autumn Lecture will feature the Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP as its guest speaker. Nicky has previously served as Financial Secretary to the Treasury and Minister for Women. She now chairs the Treasury Select Committee whose remit is to examine the expenditure, administration and policy of HM Treasury, along with all of its agencies and associated bodies.
Watch the live stream of this year's Autumn Lecture with guest speaker Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP.