As your career progresses and you move into management or wider field roles we have resources to support you on your journey.
We have a range of Masterclasses available to complement the Management programmes offered by our employers. These were recorded at our conferences and webinars and they cover a broad range of relevant topics:
- The elephant in the room: the diversity questions you’ve always wanted to know the answers to
- Difficult conversations: simple techniques on how to give feedback to colleagues
- Personal impact: how to use body language and voice to maximise your impact
- Enjoy presenting: a two part video on how to present in a memorable way
- Enjoy networking: a two part video on how to spark interest and conversation
- Unconscious bias: an introduction to the importance of recognising and addressing unconscious bias
- Strategy masterclass: entrepreneurship for actuaries from GIRO 2016
Here are some short courses, which can further develop business skills:
- London School of Economics (LSE) has developed a new 10 week immersive, interactive and supported online learning model, LSE MBA-Essentials, which covers managerial and leadership competencies. You will need to set aside 8 - 12 hours per week. There is a fee to take part in this course.
- Open University - Professional Certificate in Management
- The Cambridge Institute for Sustainablility Leadership, has two new interesting 8 week online courses available:
Non Executive Directors
Choosing to become a Non Executive Director (NED) provides you with an opportunity to use skills and knowledge gained in an executive environment. The areas in which you could become involved will vary from doing something worthy in the third sector or supporting enterprising organisations. There is a huge amount of information available for anyone considering taking on a NED role.