Details of the requirements for Professional Skills Training Stage 3 are specified in the CPD Scheme 2016/2017
If you are one of the 12,000 or so members who are required to complete the Stage 3 PST, the IFoA’s online content is one option to satisfy the requirements
The content is specifically designed to give you some tools to make good, reasoned, ethical decisions when faced with challenges in your daily personal and/or professional life. The 2016/2017 content covers a broad range of issues such as:
- Conflicts of interest in different contexts
- Good governance and meeting management
- Potential challenges encountered by sole traders and actuaries in smaller firms
- Respecting confidentiality
- Work review – the dos and don’ts
- Internal processes and policies, professional standards etc. – how do you get the job done?
You may of course source relevant CPD from other providers as long as it meets the objectives set out in the CPD Scheme 2016/2017
To reduce buffering issues and improve the user experience, we recommend that you access the videos from a home PC or a mobile 4G connection, as these usually deliver more bandwidth than corporate networks where bandwidth may be limited.
|Professional Skills Online material 2016/2017|
|Trouble at the top||To sell or not to sell|
|Look before you leap||Chain reaction|
|A walk on the wild side||On whose authority|
Filter or search events
We continue to live in a world of global uncertainty. Survival depends on our ability to simultaneously navigate through the diverse root-causes, ranging from: the consequences of Climate Change; transitioning to Net Zero; increased inflationary pressures and supply chain issues; to self-imposed changes in regulatory requirements. CILA 2022 focuses on these challenges to ensure we continue to be informed and remain battle ready, as well as showcasing highlights of recent CMI outputs.
Opportunity to participate in a virtual Roundtable Discussion hosted by the IFoA in conjunction with the City of London Corporation’s Socio-economic Diversity Taskforce
In the spirit of fostering the IFoA’s vibrant, global community and enabling our members to participate, we have decided to hold our AGM virtually again this year. This allows for greater accessibility to this important annual event, and for greater accountability of our organisation.
The Business of the AGM
Join newly inaugurated IFoA President, Matt Saker, for his Presidential Address.
We’re delighted to welcome you back to our first in-person conference since early 2020, also being delivered virtually in our first-ever hybrid event. The theme of our inaugural two-day conference is ‘Focusing on tomorrow’s actuary’ and will explore the contribution actuarial science is making to some of tomorrow’s biggest issues.
This webinar will cover:
• Some background on the risks of misselling in an ESG context, including the DWS case
• Achieving positive impact is a strong antidote to the risks of greenwashing or ESG misselling, however this risks having a tension with fiduciary responsibilities
• This tension can be resolved with a concept called Universal Ownership
• Under Universal ownership, investors have an appetite to make a loss in order to achieve positive impact, and yet still have no compromise on their fiduciary responsibilities
This session will focus on the transformation roadmap of the healthcare sector in KSA and the role of actuarial capabilities in enhancing its evolution to the desired end stage as per the objectives of the Vision 2030. The discussion will focus how the system has evolved so far and shed light on the expected future changes. Through examining the transformation, we will highlight how the sector is and can use actuarial expertise to not only assist with this transformation but also use basic actuarial principles to identify the key risks and their respective mitigation strategies.