This webinar will cover:
• Some background on the risks of misselling in an ESG context, including the DWS case
• Achieving positive impact is a strong antidote to the risks of greenwashing or ESG misselling, however this risks having a tension with fiduciary responsibilities
• This tension can be resolved with a concept called Universal Ownership
• Under Universal ownership, investors have an appetite to make a loss in order to achieve positive impact, and yet still have no compromise on their fiduciary responsibilities
• This talk will run through an example of a universal ownership model, which sets out the following real-world impacts of investor actions:
- Investors force coal power plants to not be built
- Quantification of how much real world benefit is incurred through averted social cost of carbon
- How does this feed through to an asset portfolio of an insurer or pension scheme?
Sanjay Joshi, Hymans Robertson
Contact Niki Park for more information.
020 7632 2152
You need to log in before you can book. Please click here to log in which will return you to this page after you've logged in.Book now
If you are not an IFoA member then please click the link below.Non-members book now