The following criteria must be met before applying
- You must be a fully qualified member of your Association
- You must be an EU national
- You must be living and working for the majority of time in the UK or on UK related work
- You must have a minimum of two years' practical experience in an EU country (either your home country or the UK) before a one-year supervised adaptation period can commence.
You can then either study one of the Specialist Applications subjects (with the exception of SA0), or you can undergo a one-year supervised adaptation period.
Whichever route you choose it is a requirement that you apply for Affiliate membership with the Institute or the Faculty of Actuaries. This way you will be sent mailings that will keep you up to date with the profession.
Forms to be completed and returned to gain approval for your one-year adaptation period
- Application for consideration as a Fellow
- Application to act as a supervisor of an EU actuary during an adaptation period
- Notes for supervisors
- Your supervisor must be approved in advance by our Membership Committee;
- Your one year must be approved from a particular starting date - your experience cannot be backdated.
More information is contained in the supervisor notes above.
IFoA, 7th Floor, Holborn Gate, 326 – 330 High Holborn, WC1V 7PP