The MIG aims to represent the diverse background/interest of its membership and will focus its objectives on two key areas and carry out separate work streams for each area;
- The pensions aspect of both domestic and international corporate/private equity transactions
- Insurance M&A transactions.
The MIG will also carry out activities on related issues such as scheme mergers and bulk reinsurance.
If you are interested in participating in the meeting or would like to learn more about the MIG, please contact: email@example.com
In summary, the objectives of the MIG are:
- To educate members in the range of methodologies involved in M&A
- To provide a platform for members to share experience, best practice ideas and raise awareness of issues
- To “raise the bar" in terms of quality of advice given by the profession in M&A situations
Where appropriate to act as an informal representative body for members to influence the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) and other stakeholders (including regulators) on matters affecting actuaries in this area.
- 28 January 2014
You might also like
If you want more information about Member Interest Groups, or would like to start one, please contact the Practice Executive: