Please note that we cannot grant exemptions from the following Core Technical subjects: 4, 5, 6 and 8
How do I apply?
You will need to demonstrate that your degree covered the IFoA subjects that you wish to apply for exemptions from.
To do this, you will need to provide the following information:
- a certified copy of your full university transcript which should include marks for all modules taken in each academic year of the degree
- a certified copy of your university degree certificate
- a copy of the official syllabus of the IFoA for each subject for which you are applying for exemptions, with full explanatory hand written notes next to each key objective indicating where this has been covered in your university syllabus
- an official copy of your university syllabus, and
- optionally, you may include copies of exam question papers for the year that you sat the exam, although this is not compulsory.
Please provide certified copies of your documentation. We cannot accept responsibility for loss of your original documents
You will also need to demonstrate that you reached the required standards in those parts of the degree course that equate with the key objectives of the relevant IFoA exams.
What happens next?
We will review whether your degree covered enough of the IFoA syllabus(es) and check whether your marks were high enough.
We will then inform you in writing of the outcome of your exemption application.
You might also like
General information and practical advice that will be useful in your studies
Education Services Team
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, 1st Floor, Park Central, 40/41 Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1JD
We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days.