The UK/Ireland Student Consultative Forum is currently comprised of:
- students representing the UK and Ireland regional communities
- students representing those with disabilities
- student representative(s) of the Actuary magazine
- senior committee/board members
- executive staff of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
- representatives of ActEd.
It meets twice a year and discusses:
- proposed developments and changes within the IFoA qualification and its associated processes
- feedback from the student population on current education processes, tuition arrangements, and wider aspects of the student actuarial career.
It does not discuss:
- concerns raised by either an individual or a small number of students if these concerns are felt not to be in the interest of the majority of students.
Copies of meeting notes will be published on this webpage following each meeting and will be presented and discussed at the next available Education Committee meeting.
|The UK forum membership includes|
|The Actuary student page editor||Currently Vacant|
|Representatives for students with disabilities||
George Burton / Ryan Haughey
|Birmingham Actuarial Society representative||Patrick Singleton|
|Bristol Actuarial Society representative||Frank Mace|
|Channel Islands Actuarial Association representative||Luke Berry|
|Faculty of Actuaries Students' Society representative||James Black|
|Glasgow Actuarial Students' Society representative||Kirsty Steven|
|London Market Students' Group representative||Maxim Bagdasarian / Simon Hack|
|North West Actuarial Society representative||
|Norwich Actuarial Society representative||Riya Limani|
|Staple Inn Actuarial Society representative||
|Society of Actuaries in Ireland representative||Nabeelah Nawoor / Conor Kearney|
|Society of Northern Ireland Actuaries (SONIA) representative||Michael Flanagan|
|Welsh Actuarial Society||George McMahon|
|Wessex Actuarial Society representative||George Nice|
|White Horse Actuarial Society representative||Nichola Marr|
|Yorkshire Actuarial Society representative||
|The executive staff who attend each meeting|
|Head of Quality and Assessment||Karen Brocklesby|
|Head of Assessment||Laura Griffiths|
|Quality Manager||Matt Tennant (Secretary)|
Notes of recent meetings
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 4 June 2021
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 20 November 2020
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 19 June 2020
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 15 November 2019
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 7 June 2019
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 9 November 2018
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 8 June 2018
- Student Consultative Forum notes. 17 November 2017
Who should I contact?
You might also like
General information and practical advice that will be useful in your studies
Member Services Team
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, 1st Floor, Park Central, 40/41 Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1JD
We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days.
Filter or search events
Louise Pryor, IFoA President, will chair this free-to-view session, in which Alex Darsley, TPR, Actuarial Regulatory Policy, will be discussing the regulator’s Climate Change Guidance Consultation, which is seeking views on new guidance designed to help trustees meet tougher standards of governance in relation to climate change ri
Internal audit is often the Cinderella of the audit world. It’s a regulatory requirement for insurance companies to have an internal audit function, so why not make it as useful as possible? This session will look at how to link an internal audit plan to the risk register, and how that helps audit committees and boards to spot problems and fix them.
Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing our world today. Addressing it will require multi-faceted solutions. Through this panel session, we will explore the different levers that can be used to meet net-zero targets including climate science and data, government engagement, and mobilising green finance.