Firms which are licensed under the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) as designated professional body must comply with the rules set out in the Handbook. The Handbook covers:
- DPB Firms: Regulated Activities
- DPB Firms: Conduct of Business Code
- Rules governing Licensed Authorised Professional Firms
- Complaints and Disciplinary Process
- Licence Terms and Conditions
- Interpretation and Definitions
- Non Regulated Activities
- List of Prohibited Activities
- Permitted Regulated Activities Flowchart
- Suggested Paragraph for an Engagement Letter and Specimen Letterhead
- Qualification Lists.
Read the latest version of the DPB Handbook.This version came in to force on 16 August 2018. From time to time, this handbook will change to reflect new or amended regulation. It was recently amended to incorporate the EU Insurance Distribution Directive. A version of the Handbook showing the changes highlighted in yellow is available.
You might also like
For more details, or to make an application or enquiry, please email or write to the DPB Manager
DPB Manager, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, Level 2 Exchange Crescent, 7 Conference Square, Edinburgh, EH3 8RA