Strategy and objectives of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
Our five year strategy was launched in the summer of 2011. It recognises the distinctive contribution actuaries make as mathematically skilled, rigorous and regulated risk experts, operating within their professional code. We have five strategic objectives:
- To provide high quality qualifications for our students and lifelong education for our members.
- To drive the programme of accrediting universities of the highest standard internationally.
- To licence and regulate the members of the IFoA in such a way as to assure public confidence.
- To take a proportionate approach to member regulation internationally and rely on members meeting local requirements in their own country.
- To offer excellent support that meets members' varied and evolving needs.
- To engage effectively with our international members and make our services accessible to all members wherever they are based.
Public affairs and promotion
- To speak up on relevant matters of public interest and to raise awareness of the work of actuaries and the value they add to society.
- To develop and deliver upon a proactive stakeholder engagement programme in the UK and internationally.
Learned society and thought leadership
- To advance all matters relevant to actuarial science.
- To increase the profile of the Actuarial Research Centre (ARC) as the foremost international centre for furthering actuarial science.
- To provide a comprehensive offering to members internationally and play a prominent role in international organisations.
- To work in partnership with our stakeholders internationally to deliver the highest standard of pre and post qualification regionally.