University of Manchester
- University of Manchester, Oxford RoadManchester M13 9PLUnited Kingdom
Studying at the University of Manchester
If you are considering studying at the University of Manchester, further information can be found on their website at http://www.manchester.ac.uk/.
To apply to study at the University of Manchester, you need to contact the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service at http://www.ucas.ac.uk/.
Exemptions from professional exams
Depending on the modules taken and the grades obtained, completion of these degree programmes can lead to recommendation for exemption from some or all of the Fellowship exams, or the Certified Actuarial Analyst exams, shown.
MSc in Actuarial Science Course information
- Exemption from Core Technical Stage subjects: CT3, CT4, CT6, CT8, or
- Exemption from CAA Modules: 0, 2, 4
BSc in Actuarial Science and Mathematics Course information
- Exemption from Core Technical Stage subjects: CT1, CT2, CT3, CT4, CT5, CT6, CT7, or
- Exemption from CAA Modules: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
If you are interested in further information on mathematical resources and societies, links to other sites can be found at the following:
- Actuarial Science
- School of Mathematics
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Science
- Other departments at the University of Manchester
- Manchester Business School
- The University of Manchester societies
If you are already a student or alumnus of the University of Manchester, you will find further information and careers advice from the University of Manchester Careers and Employability Centre.
Work experience and job information
If you are looking for work experience or an actuarial position, the Directory of Actuarial Employers, available via the link on the right, has further details on opportunities available.
Information on part and fully qualified actuarial positions can be found on the website for The Actuary magazine (see below).
Joining the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
Studying and exams
- Fellowship route. Details of what you will need to do to qualify as an actuary.
- Certified Actuarial Analyst. Details of what you will need to do to qualify as a CAA.
BSc Contact: Ronnie Loeffen (Programme Director)
email: email@example.com (tel: +44 (0)161 275 5803) for academic issues
email: firstname.lastname@example.org (tel: +44 (0)161 275 5803) for administrative issues
- Useful links: