Benefits of volunteering
As a volunteer, your support helps the profession to develop, and to achieve its strategic objectives.
Benefits derived from volunteering can include:
- influencing research and policy
- actively shaping the future of your profession
- the opportunity to network with peers
- developing skills, both personal and professional
- raising your profile
- encouraging actuaries of the future
- many of the volunteer vacancies provide the opportunity to claim CPD for services to the profession, up to a maximum of 8 hours CPD per year (Category 2) and up to 15 hours CPD per year (Category 1).
For further information on the benefits for both members, and employers, please contact Debbie Atkins, Volunteer Engagement Manager.