Mutual recognition of qualifications
We have signed mutual recognition agreements (MRAs) to recognise actuarial qualifications with the following organisations:
|Actuarial Society of India||Actuarial Society of South Africa|
|Canadian Institute of Actuaries||Casualty Actuarial Society|
|Groupe Consultatif||Institute of Actuaries of Australia|
|Institute of Actuaries of Japan||Society of Actuaries|
If an applicant successfully applies for mutual recognition under these MRAs, they will be admitted as either an Associate or Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
Application forms to be used by non-EU actuaries can be found to the right of this page.
Groupe Consultatif Agreement
Actuaries who have qualified in certain EU countries may apply under the Groupe Consultatif Agreement.
Before making an application under this agreement you must be:
- a fully qualified member of your association
- an EU national
- living and working for the majority of time in the UK and on UK related work
- have a minimum of two years' practical experience in an EU country (either your home country or the UK) before a one-year supervised adaptation period can commence.
You can then either study one of the specialist applications subjects, including a dissertation under SA0, or you can undergo a one-year supervised adaptation period.
Whichever route you choose, you must apply for our Affiliate membership so that we can send you relevant news and information.
You can find more information at these links below:
- application to act as a supervisor of an EU actuary during an adaptation period
- notes for supervisors
- Application Form to become a Fellow via the Group Consultatif MRA
- Notes to Application Form to become a Fellow via the Group Consultatif MRA
- Certificate of Completion of Adaptation Period for EU Actuaries
- Notes for Certificate of Completion of Adaptation Period for EU Actuaries
Please note that your supervisor must be approved:
- in advance by our membership committee
- from a specific starting date