Solvency II Steering Group
These pages will introduce you to the Solvency II Steering Group which has been set up to assist you in understanding the new solvency regime.
• EU-wide capital requirements and risk management standards.
• Information for the wider profession on developing Solvency II legislation, within current confidentiality limits.
• Encourages the IFoA to provide appropriate CPD opportunities to enable you to master the necessary details and it’s business implications.
Our aim is to facilitate the presentation of the IFoA's view on draft Solvency II legislation. This would be in conjunction with the Groupe Consultatif, the FSA (where appropriate), the ABI, HM Treasury and other stakeholders.
Practice Areas and Solvency II;
It is not the intention that the steering group should take over any responsibilities currently undertaken by other groups, simply that we assist and coordinate members working together on similar subjects across the Practice Areas. We aim to;
• Provide support and encouragement in preparing for Solvency II.
• Provide consolidated responses to consultations issued by EIOPA and the FSA, which will reflect a balanced view relating to the different Practice Areas within the IFoA.
• Protect and reflect the interests of the different Practise Areas.
Terms of Reference;
The Solvency II Steering Group is accountable to the Public Affairs Consultation Committee (PACC). A member of PACC will also be an active member of this group. The group will also continue to remain accountable to the PECs on relevant specific matters.
Please click on the attached link for full Terms of Reference and Current Membership.