SA2 - Life insurance. Specialist applications
This specialist applications subject will provide newly-qualified actuaries with the ability to apply knowledge of the UK life insurance environment and the principles of the actuarial practice of life insurance to a UK life insurance company.
You can find details of:
- full objectives of the course in the syllabus
- any changes made to the syllabus for this year’s exams
- past exam papers.
These documents, and others, are available on the right of this page.
Learning portal for SA2
The learning portal contains links to the suggested reading listed in Unit 17 of the SA2 Core Reading. Students may find it useful to consult some of the material to obtain a wider appreciation or different viewpoint when studying a particular topic. However, students are not expected to have read all of the items on the list or to have gained a detailed knowledge of any particular topic additional to that contained in the Core Reading. Equally, students may use other sources of information to enhance their wider understanding, such as:
- the financial and trade press, including The Actuary magazine
- bulletins and other publications from reinsurers and consultancies
- other papers from the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and SIAS
- Continuous Mortality Investigation bulletins
- presentations made at recent Life conferences or other life insurance seminars
- other recommended references on the Life Practice Area of the site