- Mike Brockman, actuary turned businessman, shares his views on telematics, autonomous cars, and the actuarial profession with Gemma Gregson. The Actuary, 3 March 2016
- A diverse year ahead: Nick Salter champions the IFoA's global presence and the range of skills actuaries can bring to many areas. The Actuary, 4 July 2015
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) resources
- What are the skill sets of an actuary?
- Skills Set Research Report, Charterhouse Research 2016
- Annual Report of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries 2014/2015: Diversity makes us stronger
- Key skills for life. The Actuary, 5 November 2014
- A diverse community: Derek Cribb looks forward to GIRO and stresses the importance of diversity. The Actuary, 4 September 2014
- 400 Club Feedback Report - Diversity, 2014
- Diversity Makes us Stronger: Address by the President of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, Nick Salter. 30 June 2014. Also available in transcript in the British Actuarial Journal.
Nick's Presidential Address was filmed:
- IFoA members should view the Address on our virtual learning environment to enable CPD to be verified
- Non members can view the film below.
- Masterclasses: Non-technical learning that enhance your business skills and knowledge.
Diversity Advisory Group
The IFoA has a member-led Diversity Advisory Group which coordinates and undertakes work in diversity for the benefit of IFoA members and the profession. The work of this group complements work undertaken by the IFoA Executive under a Diversity Steering Group and in conjunction with Council.
If you are interested in sharing any additional resources or participating in a discussion about diversity issues, log in and join the Diversity Community.
If you have a question or comment about diversity at the IFoA, please contact
Filter or search events
What are the advantages of using artificial intelligence (AI) in investing? What are the differences between traditional quant and AI? This new webinar discusses challenges and the future of AI in the investment sector.
Delivered by the IFRS 17 Contractual Service Margin working party.
The Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) qualification has rapidly established itself as adding real value, to insurers and consultancies, and to the clients of consultancies, around the World. CAAs work alongside actuaries and actuarial students, as well as other financial services professionals, in an increasingly broad range of roles and fields.
This session is a repeat of the one earlier today at 09:30
Many individuals and institutions have a long-term focus, and invest funds for the benefit of future generations. Their strategy should reflect their long horizon. University endowments are one of the oldest classes of institutional investor, and I will present the first study of the management of these endowments over the very long term.
This year's GIRO has been re-designed as a virtual conference to offer members and non-members the opportunity to get up to date content from leading experts in the general insurance field via online webinars. All sessions will be recorded and made available to purchase and re-watch post-event on the IFoA's GI Online Learning Resource area.
This year's Life Conference has been re-designed as a virtual conference to offer members and non-members the opportunity to get up to date content from leading experts in the life insurance field via online webinars. All sessions will be recorded and made available to purchase and re-watch post-event on the IFoA's website.
Cash-flow driven investing is a game-changer for DB pension funds navigating their end-game. Suitable for sponsors who want to reduce risks on their balance sheets. And for trustees, it shifts the focus to providing greater certainty of returns, managing funding level volatility and ensuring they have enough income to pay cash-flow requirements.
The talk will provide an understanding of the priorities and relationships between deficit reduction contributions, in the context of wider scheme funding, and different types of value outflow from the employer based on the working party’s recently published report.