The Resource and Environment Research & CPD Committee oversees all research in the Resource and Environment practice area, including:
- planning and developing an events programme that covers a range of relevant topics, caters for various levels of expertise, and is provided in a range of locations and online
- liasing with relevant Boards/subcommittees/Working Parties and IFoA Executive staff to dertermine appropriate content for events, secure suitable speakers and prepare marketing material
- monitoring and evaulating events (ensure feedback is acknowledged and new ideas embraced/incorporated into event planning)
- overseeing the Resource and Environment Member Interest Group, which provides CPD opportunities through its study groups and online community
The committee is developing a list of topics as a guide to inform the provison of Resource and Environment CPD opportunities for actuaries.
The research working parties page gives more information about current Resource and Environment research projects.
The membership of the Committee is drawn from a cross-section of the IFoA community, and external experts, to ensure a broad spectrum of specialties and topics are supported.
Resource and Environment Research & CPD Committee 2017/2018 membership:
- Claire Jones (Chair)
- Mark Rothwell (Deputy Chair)
- Oliver Bettis
- Mike Clark
- Aled Jones
- Kathleen Macdonald
- Paul Meins
- Amy Nicholson
- Jianhua Siew
- Jeremy Spira
- George Wright
The Resource and Environment Research & CPD Committee operates within a Terms of Reference.
You might also like
If you have any questions about a practice area, its working parties, Member Interest Groups or Board and sub-committees, please contact the Communities Team: