Founded in 2015, the aim of Leicester Actuarial Science Society (LASS) is to give students a better feel for what life as a student actuary might be like across a range of different environments
This is to ensure that students are:
- competitive in the actuarial jobs market and
- encouraged to pursue successful careers once they have secured a trainee position.
LASS aims to:
- give students access and exposure to a range of potential employers to
- give students a better understanding of what an actuarial career involves, and to
- increase potential employers' awareness of what actuarial students have to offer
- provide actuarial students at different stages in their careers with opportunities to compare experiences
- facilitate contact between actuarial students and actuarial science educators in an informal setting
- create opportunities for actuaries and actuarial students in the region to develop professionally
- provide a forum for thought leadership in actuarial science within the East Midlands and to raise the profile of Leicester actuarial science courses in current research.
To date the Leicester society has been primarily based around Leicester University, but the Committee is now keen to broaden the scope of the society
It is keen to engage with all IFoA members at all levels of membership in the Leicester area, as well as actuarial students at the university.
Future events will be advertised here.
|Title||Professional Skills for Experienced Members|
|Date||12 June 2017|
|Time||17.15 - 19.30|
|Venue||University of Leicester, Attenborough Ground Floor Seminar Room 002|
|Trainers||Nick Foster FIA and Leena Sodha FIA|
|About the event||
This year’s session will include a focus on the dos and don’ts of work review, including the opportunity to share views on the Revised TASs. We aim to avoid overlap with video case studies used at IFoA conferences, but cannot guarantee that there will be no duplication in content.
This session will qualify for two hours of Professional Skills CPD, under the IFoA’s CPD Scheme 2016/2017.
If you have booked a place but now find yourself unable to attend, please Nick Foster know to avoid preventing others who might wish to attend being able to do so.
|How to book||Please contact Nick Foster to book a place.|
Who's who in the Leicester Actuarial Science Society
|President||Priscilla Dufie Denteh|
|Faculty Support||Nick Foster|
|Faculty Support||Leena Sodha|
- 15 December 2015
For information regarding regional societies, please contact the Regions Manager, Tess Joyce.