Founded in 2015, the aim of Leicester Actuarial Science Society (LASS) is to give students a better feel for what life as a student actuary might be like across a range of different environments
This is to ensure that students are:
- competitive in the actuarial jobs market and
- encouraged to pursue successful careers once they have secured a trainee position.
LASS aims to:
- give students access and exposure to a range of potential employers to
- give students a better understanding of what an actuarial career involves, and to
- increase potential employers' awareness of what actuarial students have to offer
- provide actuarial students at different stages in their careers with opportunities to compare experiences
- facilitate contact between actuarial students and actuarial science educators in an informal setting
- create opportunities for actuaries and actuarial students in the region to develop professionally
- provide a forum for thought leadership in actuarial science within the East Midlands and to raise the profile of Leicester actuarial science courses in current research.
The Committee is always keen to broaden the reach of the society
It is keen to engage with all IFoA members at all levels of membership in the Leicester area, as well as actuarial students at the university.
To find out more about what's going on or to register interest in joining this group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who's who in the Leicester Actuarial Science Society Committee
(from left to right: Madhurya, Amar, Zeeshan, Mikaela and our new first year representatives Zaria Franklin-Grant and Ameera Bains)
- 17 April 2019
For information regarding regional societies, please contact our team