About the SAAX Group
In the Autumn of 2009 smoke signals off the terrace of Old Mutual plc’s Thames side London HQ signalled the establishment of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion ('SAAX') regional community. The braai (barbecue) ensured that SAAX was going to be a regional community with a difference.
The Southern African Actuarial ConneXion ('SAAX') Group is an independent and not for profit organisation aimed primarily at students and qualified actuaries with an affiliation to Southern Africa
The group aims to provide members with an opportunity for networking and relationship building and also for CPD. Its current membership stands at more than 250 members.
SASX's objectives are to:
- provide members with an opportunity to network
- facilitate and encourage business between fellow SAAX members
- support a central information hub for members
- arrange topical speakers with (a sometimes) Southern African connection for events
- provide the opportunity for Continuing Professional Development ('CPD')
Who's who in SAAX
The current chairperson is Richard Cohen, Bupa, with previous chairs being Adrian Baskir, Bupa, and Marjorie Ngwenya, Old Mutual.
A full list of current committee members can be found on the SAAX Group website.
For information regarding regional societies, please contact the Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, Kirstie Smith.