Through its Actuarial Research Centre (ARC), and in partnership with the Society of Actuaries and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, the IFoA is sponsoring a research programme that seeks to develop a new generation of mortality and morbidity models, with a specific focus on the drivers for mortality. Join this webinar to hear more from the Principal Investigator of this research programme, Professor Andrew Cairns (Heriot-Watt University).
This webinar is part of a series to showcase three large research programmes currently running through the ARC, which seeks to address some of the significant challenges in actuarial science. To find out more about the other webinars that will be taking place in June, please visit the ARC webinar series page. You can also book on to all webinars at the same time as booking your place on this webinar.
By joining this webinar you will learn about the objectives of this research programme and some of the early developments since its commencement in autumn 2016. You will be able to ask questions via a live feed to our speakers, joining in the debate wherever you are located in the world.
The “Modelling, Measurement and Management of Longevity & Morbidity Risk” programme has the following four aims:
- development of the next generation of single and multi-population mortality models that are robust, straightforward to apply and that are designed explicitly to push back the barriers to financial innovation
- developing open access modelling of the key drivers of mortality such as smoking, obesity and other lifestyle factors and understanding how these interact with all-cause mortality and cause-of-death mortality data
- development of a robust, scientific approach that helps key stakeholders to understand better the wider range of options for managing longevity risk
- development of new methods for pricing and reserving for Critical Illness Insurance.
Further details on this research programme can be found here.
These events are eligible for CPD and a recording of the live webinar will be available to view on our website shortly after the event.
Contact Niki Park for more information.
020 7632 2152
Modelling, Measurement and Management of Longevity & Morbidity Risk
- Professor Andrew Cairns (Heriot-Watt University) – Principal Investigator for the research programme
- Professor Steven Haberman, Associate Director of the Actuarial Research Centre
This webinar will be run twice to accommodate different time zones around the world
- First session: 09.00 – 10.00 BST
- Second session: 17.00 – 18.00 BST
Nearest Public Transport
To book onto these webinars - please follow this link.