Join us for this brand new seminar that brings together our Current Issues in Pensions, Pensions and the Law, and Investment for Pension Actuaries events. The seminar builds on the IFoA’s Annual Pension Conference with sessions covering CDC, TPR’s code of practice, investments, legal updates and Professional Skills Training with a focus on interactive discussion throughout.
The seminar will cover:
- Code of Practice
- Legal Update on current legal issues affecting trustees and scheme sponsors
- Investment Session on Current Macro Themes and Trends in Global Investment Markets. Taking stock of where we are in the market cycle and covering key themes that are driving investment markets.
- CDC session on Bringing CDC to the UK. The IFoA’s new CDC working party will describe key ideas and conclusions from its work so far, including the most promising ways of doing CDC, the assumptions setting power quandary, and the legislative/regulatory framework.
- Knowledge sharing/interactive discussion. An opportunity to select topics from a wide range of technical areas and join delegates for knowledge sharing and discussion.
- Professional Skills
- Fiona Frobisher (Head of Policy) and Neil Bull (Investment Consultant); TPR
- Edward Smith and James Dean; Simmons and Simmons, LLP
- Harvi Rana, Pensions Life Long Learning subcommittee
- IFoA regulation team
|09.30 - 09.35||Chairs introduction|
|09:35 - 10:35||
Code of Practice
Fiona Frobisher and Neil Bull, TPR
|10:35 - 11:35||
IFoA - TBC
|11:35 - 11:50||
|11:50 - 12:50||
|12:50 - 13:40||
|13:40 - 14:40||
Edward Smith and James Dean
|14:40 - 15:40||Investment Session|
|15:40 - 15:55||Afternoon Refreshments|
|15:55 - 16:55||
Knowledge sharing and Interactive discussion
|16:55 - 17:00||Chair’s closing remarks|
Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen St, Holborn, London WC2B 5DA
Nearest Public Transport
Holborn Station / Covent Garden Station