The IFoA President-elect Mr John Taylor and CEO Mr Derek Cribb will visit Asia and Southeast Asia, and would like to invite you to the IFoA Beijing Member Event on Thursday 13 September 2018. It is part of John’s first Presidential visit to this region.
John will deliver a presentation entitled “The world is changing - are we ready?” and present the awards to the Newly Qualifiers in Beijing.
This event applies to all practice areas and is free for all IFoA members. Attendees can claim up to 1 hour CPD. Tea-breaks and soft drinks will be served.
Speaker and Presentation
Mr John Taylor, IFoA President-elect
Topic: The world is changing - are we ready?
Actuaries are adept at understanding long term risk for businesses and society. With demographics, technology and the environment changing at an unprecedented pace actuaries will need to have the necessary skills to help their employers and clients understand their exposure to some of the biggest challenges facing society.
- 14.30-15.00 Registration opens
- 15.00-15.20 Opening and New Qualifiers Awards presenting
- 15.20-16.00 Presentation and Discussion
- 16.00-17.00 Networking
- Grand Hyatt Beijing, 1 East Chang An Avenue, Beijing, People’s Republic of China (Event signage will be available onsite )
- Chinese Address: 北京东城区长安街1号东方广场，北京东方君悦大酒店（见现场引导牌）
Nearest Public Transport
• Beijing Capital International Airport - 35 km (40-minutes’ drive by car)
• Beijing Railway Station - 1.5 km (10-minutes’ drive by car)
• Wangfujing Subway Station - on the premises