This event will be of interest to students and recently qualified actuaries.
A 2 hour CPD event designed to meet the IFoA’s Stage 3 Professional Skills Training under the IFoA’s CPD Scheme 2019/2020. The content and discussion at this session is particularly tailored to actuarial students and newly qualified actuaries working in any area and the format is interactive, so you should come along prepared to take part in the discussions with your peers.
Video case studies will be selected from the IFoA’s 2019/2020 online content which covers a range of topics under an overarching theme of “A Trusted Profession”.
Here is a flavour of what to expect in this year’s videos:
- The challenges of working in a multidisciplinary project team to implement a pilot using AI technology for insurance renewal pricing;
- Deputising for the CRO, you find yourself asked to give the go ahead on a project launch which you think may be outside the firm’s risk appetite;
- Under pressure from management to come up with a “best estimate” in an impossible time frame;
- Facing a tough decision on whether to blow the whistle;
- What level of information do you need to disclose about your model to another professional who is relying on the results to formulate their advice?;
- “Inspired” by the model licensed from an actuarial software provider - you come up with a plan to save costs;
- You suspect your boss has personal reasons for favouring a particular service provider in a competitive tender; and
- Your career prospects are threatened when you announce your intention to take paternity leave, as the firm is relying on your skills for a particular project.
Reflect on how to navigate these challenges whilst upholding the reputation of actuaries so we are A Trusted Profession.
We aim to avoid overlap with video case studies used at IFoA conferences, but cannot guarantee that there will be no duplication in content.
|17.30 – 18.00||Registration|
|18.00 – 20.00||Presentation|