Amid significant UK political uncertainty, the bodily injury settlement framework has continued to make progress. At the time of the Ogden discount rate change of early 2017 and throughout that year, Staple Inn was host to a set of events to discuss the changes and the subsequent MOJ review. This provided an important forum for debate, supporting your own thinking while helping inform the IFoA of the wide range of views on the subject.
Now in early 2019, we are keen to re-connect and to take stock of the latest developments. We invite you to Staple Inn on 9 April where we will be discussing, amongst others, the following topics:
- the Civil Liabilities Bill and MOJ Call for Evidence: status and next steps
- IFoA consultation responses: summarising and explaining the IFoA’s thinking
- PPOs: a summary of recent trends and next steps of the IFoA PPO working party
- Open-forum Q&A: incl. other related topics that you feel should be debated further
- external speaker involvement: we are exploring the potential to invite speakers that widen the set of actuarial and other viewpoints
Contact Events Team for more information.
0207 632 1498
|Registration and refreshments||17.00 - 17.30|
|Programme||17.30 - 19.00|
|Drinks reception||19.00 - 19.30|
Staple Inn Hall, High Holborn London WC1V 7QJ
Nearest Public Transport
Chancery Lane Underground Station
City Thameslink Rail Station