On a professional level, membership of the IFoA is valued very highly – it has effectively opened doors for me to find actuarial employment in different countries. I look to the IFoA as a model for professionalism and integrity.
Shriram Mulgund, Life Member, Canada
Your member benefits
Qualifications that keep pace with business need
- Gain a qualification that’s in demand from business, organisations, and governments worldwide: CAA Global, Associateship and Fellowship
- A growing range of post-qualification certificates: including Certified Enterprise Risk Actuary and Data Science
- Educational resources, examination support, counselling and Acted online forum to support your learning
Regulation and professional integrity
- Practice in line with The Actuaries’ Code, our global ethical framework
- Effective regulation and practice certification to ensure public trust and support
- Proportionate and transparent system of peer discipline protects your professional reputation
- IFoA Quality Assurance Standard recognises employer excellence
Supporting your career
- An annual programme of fresh professional skills development to keep you at the cutting edge
- Over 100 live and digital events every year, from short technical sessional meetings to major conferences
- Lifelong learning resources on a range of emerging fields and topics
A global professional community
- Networking events, webinars and a dedicated global membership support team
- Get The Actuary magazine and regular newsletters tailored to your interests
- Join any of seven major practice areas and dozens of working parties
- IFoA Buddy System offers 1-2-1 support and connection between members
Research, knowledge and thought leadership
- Enjoy access to a range of high-quality focused events, library, journals and publications
- Get Actuarial Research Centre reports on the latest research in the field of actuarial science
- Contribute to and access original research from our working groups and research parties
- Benefit from IFoA thought leadership with our lecture series and programme of original thought leadership content
- Benefit from a host of unique volunteering opportunities, from showcasing the profession to the next generation as a Career Ambassador to supporting the education of other actuaries
- Step forward to play an essential leadership role and help steer the profession into the future
Advocating for the profession
- Our award-winning policy, public affairs and communication capacity ensures the voice of the profession is heard
- Join a profession that supports the public interest by bringing the actuarial perspective to issues of global importance, from climate change to social care
You might also like
If you have any questions about membership please contact
We aim to respond to all initial enquiries within three working days.
Filter or search events
Louise Pryor, IFoA President, will chair this free-to-view session, in which Alex Darsley, TPR, Actuarial Regulatory Policy, will be discussing the regulator’s Climate Change Guidance Consultation, which is seeking views on new guidance designed to help trustees meet tougher standards of governance in relation to climate change ri
This session will examine the megatrends and themes driving the Future of Work across the Financial Services industry, and how Covid-19 has accelerated new future work priorities with a particular focus on hybrid work and leadership mindset and capabilities.
Internal audit is often the Cinderella of the audit world. It’s a regulatory requirement for insurance companies to have an internal audit function, so why not make it as useful as possible? This session will look at how to link an internal audit plan to the risk register, and how that helps audit committees and boards to spot problems and fix them.
Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing our world today. Addressing it will require multi-faceted solutions. Through this panel session, we will explore the different levers that can be used to meet net-zero targets including climate science and data, government engagement, and mobilising green finance.