On a professional level, membership of the IFoA is valued very highly – it has effectively opened doors for me to find actuarial employment in different countries. I look to the IFoA as a model for professionalism and integrity.
Shriram Mulgund, Life Member, Canada
Your member benefits
Qualifications that keep pace with business need
- Gain a qualification that’s in demand from business, organisations, and governments worldwide: CAA Global, Associateship and Fellowship
- A growing range of post-qualification certificates: including Certified Enterprise Risk Actuary and Data Science
- Educational resources, examination support, counselling and Acted online forum to support your learning
Regulation and professional integrity
- Practice in line with The Actuaries’ Code, our global ethical framework
- Effective regulation and practice certification to ensure public trust and support
- Proportionate and transparent system of peer discipline protects your professional reputation
- IFoA Quality Assurance Standard recognises employer excellence
Supporting your career
- An annual programme of fresh professional skills development to keep you at the cutting edge
- Over 100 live and digital events every year, from short technical sessional meetings to major conferences
- Lifelong learning resources on a range of emerging fields and topics
A global professional community
- Networking events, webinars and a dedicated global membership support team
- Get The Actuary magazine and regular newsletters tailored to your interests
- Join any of seven major practice areas and dozens of working parties
- IFoA Buddy System offers 1-2-1 support and connection between members
Research, knowledge and thought leadership
- Enjoy access to a range of high-quality focused events, library, journals and publications
- Get Actuarial Research Centre reports on the latest research in the field of actuarial science
- Contribute to and access original research from our working groups and research parties
- Benefit from IFoA thought leadership with our lecture series and programme of original thought leadership content
- Benefit from a host of unique volunteering opportunities, from showcasing the profession to the next generation as a Career Ambassador to supporting the education of other actuaries
- Step forward to play an essential leadership role and help steer the profession into the future
Advocating for the profession
- Our award-winning policy, public affairs and communication capacity ensures the voice of the profession is heard
- Join a profession that supports the public interest by bringing the actuarial perspective to issues of global importance, from climate change to social care
You might also like
If you have any questions about membership please contact
We aim to respond to all initial enquiries within three working days.
Filter or search events
This practical course is aimed at actuaries at any stage of their career who want to develop their own growth mindset and apply it to their work setting and personal or professional lifelong learning. The content of the course builds on the lecture given by Dr Helen Wright on Growth Mindset as part of the President’s 2021 Lecture series, and will be delivered over a period of 2 months, from mid-October to early December.
The importance of biodiversity for finance, business and policy is being increasingly recognised. While many studies highlight the overall economic impact that biodiversity loss could have, it is much more difficult to quantify and understand the particular impact that is may have on individual businesses or communities. The management and measurement of these risks is a field where actuaries are well placed to contribute.
The climate crisis and the degradation of our planet will affect societies everywhere. How we address these threats will require solutions that transcend borders. As a global profession, the actuarial community is well-placed to consider and propose effective risk management solutions to help manage the climate crisis.
Join leading experts to discuss key issues, emerging ideas and new research across the general insurance sector.
This is a free webinar with an expert panel providing their views on the ongoing IFoA consultation for proposals regarding changes to the regulatory framework on climate change and sustainability.
The regulatory consultation sets out, for feedback some proposed approaches that the IFoA are considering in relation to charter commitments under the UK’s Green Finance Education Charter (GFEC) and the regulatory framework, including the Actuaries’ Code.
Join leading experts to discuss key issues, emerging ideas, and new research across the Life insurance sector.
Content will be aimed at all actuaries looking to understand the issues surrounding mental health in insurance and in particular those looking to ensure products and processes widen access for, and are most useful to, those experiencing periods of poor mental health.