On a professional level, membership of the IFoA is valued very highly – it has effectively opened doors for me to find actuarial employment in different countries. I look to the IFoA as a model for professionalism and integrity.
Shriram Mulgund, Life Member, Canada
Your member benefits
Qualifications that keep pace with business need
- Gain a qualification that’s in demand from business, organisations, and governments worldwide: CAA Global, Associateship and Fellowship
- A growing range of post-qualification certificates: including Certified Enterprise Risk Actuary and Data Science
- Educational resources, examination support, counselling and Acted online forum to support your learning
Regulation and professional integrity
- Practice in line with The Actuaries’ Code, our global ethical framework
- Effective regulation and practice certification to ensure public trust and support
- Proportionate and transparent system of peer discipline protects your professional reputation
- IFoA Quality Assurance Standard recognises employer excellence
Supporting your career
- An annual programme of fresh professional skills development to keep you at the cutting edge
- Over 100 live and digital events every year, from short technical sessional meetings to major conferences
- Lifelong learning resources on a range of emerging fields and topics
A global professional community
- Networking events, webinars and a dedicated global membership support team
- Get The Actuary magazine and regular newsletters tailored to your interests
- Join any of seven major practice areas and dozens of working parties
- IFoA Buddy System offers 1-2-1 support and connection between members
Research, knowledge and thought leadership
- Enjoy access to a range of high-quality focused events, library, journals and publications
- Get Actuarial Research Centre reports on the latest research in the field of actuarial science
- Contribute to and access original research from our working groups and research parties
- Benefit from IFoA thought leadership with our lecture series and programme of original thought leadership content
- Benefit from a host of unique volunteering opportunities, from showcasing the profession to the next generation as a Career Ambassador to supporting the education of other actuaries
- Step forward to play an essential leadership role and help steer the profession into the future
Advocating for the profession
- Our award-winning policy, public affairs and communication capacity ensures the voice of the profession is heard
- Join a profession that supports the public interest by bringing the actuarial perspective to issues of global importance, from climate change to social care
You might also like
If you have any questions about membership please contact
We aim to respond to all initial enquiries within two working days.
Filter or search events
What are the advantages of using artificial intelligence (AI) in investing? What are the differences between traditional quant and AI? This new webinar discusses challenges and the future of AI in the investment sector.
Delivered by the IFRS 17 Contractual Service Margin working party.
The Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) qualification has rapidly established itself as adding real value, to insurers and consultancies, and to the clients of consultancies, around the World. CAAs work alongside actuaries and actuarial students, as well as other financial services professionals, in an increasingly broad range of roles and fields.
This session is a repeat of the one earlier today at 09:30
Many individuals and institutions have a long-term focus, and invest funds for the benefit of future generations. Their strategy should reflect their long horizon. University endowments are one of the oldest classes of institutional investor, and I will present the first study of the management of these endowments over the very long term.
This year's GIRO has been re-designed as a virtual conference to offer members and non-members the opportunity to get up to date content from leading experts in the general insurance field via online webinars. All sessions will be recorded and made available to purchase and re-watch post-event on the IFoA's GI Online Learning Resource area.
This year's Life Conference has been re-designed as a virtual conference to offer members and non-members the opportunity to get up to date content from leading experts in the life insurance field via online webinars. All sessions will be recorded and made available to purchase and re-watch post-event on the IFoA's website.
This webinar will provide an update on the emerging thinking around future regulation of DB schemes:
The webinar will discuss the challenges and opportunities schemes face in evaluating end game options, choosing a target state and understanding the impact this strategic decision could have on member outcomes long after the “end state” is reached. Adolfo, Kevin and Rhian bring over 60 years of experience in the industry and a variety of perspectives as scheme actuary, covenant adviser, trustee, de-risking adviser and insurer.
Cash-flow driven investing is a game-changer for DB pension funds navigating their end-game. Suitable for sponsors who want to reduce risks on their balance sheets. And for trustees, it shifts the focus to providing greater certainty of returns, managing funding level volatility and ensuring they have enough income to pay cash-flow requirements.
The talk will provide an understanding of the priorities and relationships between deficit reduction contributions, in the context of wider scheme funding, and different types of value outflow from the employer based on the working party’s recently published report.