On a professional level, membership of the IFoA is valued very highly – it has effectively opened doors for me to find actuarial employment in different countries. I look to the IFoA as a model for professionalism and integrity.
Shriram Mulgund, Life Member, Canada
Your member benefits
Qualifications that keep pace with business need
- Gain a qualification that’s in demand from business, organisations, and governments worldwide: CAA Global, Associateship and Fellowship
- A growing range of post-qualification certificates: including Certified Enterprise Risk Actuary and Data Science
- Educational resources, examination support, counselling and Acted online forum to support your learning
Regulation and professional integrity
- Practice in line with The Actuaries’ Code, our global ethical framework
- Effective regulation and practice certification to ensure public trust and support
- Proportionate and transparent system of peer discipline protects your professional reputation
- IFoA Quality Assurance Standard recognises employer excellence
Supporting your career
- An annual programme of fresh professional skills development to keep you at the cutting edge
- Over 100 live and digital events every year, from short technical sessional meetings to major conferences
- Lifelong learning resources on a range of emerging fields and topics
A global professional community
- Networking events, webinars and a dedicated global membership support team
- Get The Actuary magazine and regular newsletters tailored to your interests
- Join any of seven major practice areas and dozens of working parties
- IFoA Buddy System offers 1-2-1 support and connection between members
Research, knowledge and thought leadership
- Enjoy access to a range of high-quality focused events, library, journals and publications
- Get Actuarial Research Centre reports on the latest research in the field of actuarial science
- Contribute to and access original research from our working groups and research parties
- Benefit from IFoA thought leadership with our lecture series and programme of original thought leadership content
- Benefit from a host of unique volunteering opportunities, from showcasing the profession to the next generation as a Career Ambassador to supporting the education of other actuaries
- Step forward to play an essential leadership role and help steer the profession into the future
Advocating for the profession
- Our award-winning policy, public affairs and communication capacity ensures the voice of the profession is heard
- Join a profession that supports the public interest by bringing the actuarial perspective to issues of global importance, from climate change to social care
You might also like
If you have any questions about membership please contact
We aim to respond to all initial enquiries within two working days.
Filter or search events
The IFoA’s Actuarial Review Team has published its first thematic review, which looked at the actuarial advice given by scheme actuaries to UK pension scheme trustees on setting transfer values and commutation rates.
IFoA Immediate Past President John Taylor would like to invite you to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ (IFoA) virtual India Town Hall 2021, hosted by John Taylor with IFoA Council Member Mahidhara Davangere and IFoA Chief Executive, Stephen Mann.
What are the options for the world economy looking ahead?
In this Thought Leadership Lecture, Economist, Vicky Pryce, will be discussing world economic trends, including the differences in geographical performance and how output is recovering and where.
Trust and Leadership for Actuaries
Led by Dr. Jim Baxter, University of Leeds, this webinar introduces some key ideas in the ethics of trust, with a particular focus on those in, or on the path to, leadership roles. Dr Baxter is joined by a panel of experienced leaders who will give their personal perspectives on how they understand the value of trust and how they seek to promote and inspire trust, drawing on their experiences of leadership. The panel includes:
In this webinar, we have two presentations showing the latest research on the implications for life and health insurers of two key issues: genomics and pandemic risk.
Dr Peter Joshi and Paul Timmers will share their research on how well-established underwriting processes can allow for genomics in predicting expected mortality and morbidity. They will then discuss the potential for stratified screening and personalised medicine to improve health and reduce claim costs.
As the world’s attention begins to turn to COP26 later this year in Glasgow, Sarah Gordon (Chief Executive, Impact Investing Institute) will share her vision for how the financial services industry can deliver for people and the planet, as well as how to encourage more investment with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return.
IFoA Immediate Past President John Taylor would like to invite you to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ (IFoA) virtual SSA Town Hall 2021, hosted by John Taylor with IFoA Council Members Mukami Njeru, Prosper Matiashe and IFoA Chief Executive, Stephen Mann.
IFoA Immediate Past President John Taylor would like to invite you to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ (IFoA) virtual MENAP Town Hall 2021, hosted by John Taylor and IFoA Chief Executive, Stephen Mann.