- have attained full membership of the AIAust by examination and not in recognition of membership of another actuarial association
- be entitled to practise as a member of the AIAust
- within three years, up to and including the date of application, have completed at least one year's post-qualification practical work-based experience of UK actuarial practice
- have successfully met the requirements, prescribed by the IFoA from time to time, in respect of eligibility, education, professional experience, and continuing professional development requirements
- be a member in good standing with the AIAust, and
- in making the application, you authorise the AIAust to release records to the IFoA concerning any adverse disciplinary determination, finding, sanction and/or penalty, to which you have been subject in accordance with the AIAust's disciplinary process. Such records will be taken into consideration by the IFoA in considering your application and may be retained by the IFoA for as long as is reasonably necessary.
The full terms are set out in the AIAust Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA).
If you are not currently a member of the IFoA, you will need to become an affiliate member and apply for consideration as a Fellow to begin the mutual recognition application process
- Apply for Affiliate Membership
- Complete the Application for Consideration as a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries for Fellows of the Actuaries Institute Australia (AIAust).
You must also include with your application:
- a recent letter from your actuarial body confirming your membership status
- a recent letter from your current employer confirming your length of employment
- proof of higher education (university) and professional qualifications
- proof of attendance at a professionalism course.
Your completed application must be sent to the Membership Team at the IFoA. Please check the application form and ensure you have included all documents. You can send us digital copies of your signed application form and documents.
- 1 October 2014
- 23 January 2018
Application for Consideration as a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries for Fellows of the Actuaries Institute(AIAust)3 February 2017
You might also like
If you have any questions about mutual recognition please contact or telephone:
We aim to respond to all initial enquiries within two working days.