Associateship carries the designation of AIA (Associate of the Institute of Actuaries) or AFA (Associate of the Faculty of Actuaries)
As an Associate, you will have qualified at a generalist level and have breadth of expertise that brings wide and varied opportunities.
Associates have the right to vote on matters affecting the future of the profession and the opportunity to be involved in membership forums, events and research.
How do I become an Associate?
To become an Associate you must complete the following:
- Core Technical subjects (CT1-9) either by examination or exemption
- Core Applications subjects (CA1-3) either by examination or exemption
- one year of work-based skills demonstrating practical skills in actuarial techniques, professional, ethical, communication and commercial skills
- the Online Professional Awareness Test
- a Professional Skills Course.
Once your name has appeared on the appropriate pass lists you will receive instructions on how to register as an Associate.
You might also like
Education Services Team
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, 1st Floor, Park Central, 40/41 Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1JD
We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days.