Membership is drawn from a spectrum of accounting experts in a various practice areas.
Membership of the Financial Reporting Group 2020/2021:
- Anthony Coughlan (Chair)
- Kamran Foroughi (Interim Deputy Chair)
- Tamsin Abbey
- Alice Boreman
- Nick Dexter
- Jamie Grant
- James Isherwood
- Richard Olswang
- Anthony Silverman
- Gail Tucker
- Martin White
- Derek Wright
- Murray Wright
- Wijdan Yousuf
- November 2020 Life 2020 Conference Webinar - IFRS 17 So far, but we have another year to 2023! IFoA members can view on the VLE, Non- IFoA members can request access by email.
- September 2019 IFoA / FRG response to the 2019 ED
- November 2018 Life Conference
- CILA 2018 update
- November 2017 Life Conference plenary
- November 2016 Life Conference
- November 2015 Life Conference
- October 2014 accounting letter to IASB
- November 2013 Life Conference
- October 2013 IFoA / FRG response to the 2013 ED
- November 2012 Life Conference IFRS
- November 2012 Life Conference UK GAAP
- April 2011 IFRS working party paper
- April 2011 IFRS presentation
- November 2010 IFRS hot topics
- November 2010 ED IFoA response
If you have any questions about a practice area, its working parties, Member Interest Groups or Board and sub-committees, please contact the Communities Team:
- 19 November 2018
Filter or search events
We continue to live in a world of global uncertainty. Survival depends on our ability to simultaneously navigate through the diverse root-causes, ranging from: the consequences of Climate Change; transitioning to Net Zero; increased inflationary pressures and supply chain issues; to self-imposed changes in regulatory requirements. CILA 2022 focuses on these challenges to ensure we continue to be informed and remain battle ready, as well as showcasing highlights of recent CMI outputs.
Opportunity to participate in a virtual Roundtable Discussion hosted by the IFoA in conjunction with the City of London Corporation’s Socio-economic Diversity Taskforce
In the spirit of fostering the IFoA’s vibrant, global community and enabling our members to participate, we have decided to hold our AGM virtually again this year. This allows for greater accessibility to this important annual event, and for greater accountability of our organisation.
The Business of the AGM
Join newly inaugurated IFoA President, Matt Saker, for his Presidential Address.
We’re delighted to welcome you back to our first in-person conference since early 2020, also being delivered virtually in our first-ever hybrid event. The theme of our inaugural two-day conference is ‘Focusing on tomorrow’s actuary’ and will explore the contribution actuarial science is making to some of tomorrow’s biggest issues.
This webinar will cover:
• Some background on the risks of misselling in an ESG context, including the DWS case
• Achieving positive impact is a strong antidote to the risks of greenwashing or ESG misselling, however this risks having a tension with fiduciary responsibilities
• This tension can be resolved with a concept called Universal Ownership
• Under Universal ownership, investors have an appetite to make a loss in order to achieve positive impact, and yet still have no compromise on their fiduciary responsibilities
This session will focus on the transformation roadmap of the healthcare sector in KSA and the role of actuarial capabilities in enhancing its evolution to the desired end stage as per the objectives of the Vision 2030. The discussion will focus how the system has evolved so far and shed light on the expected future changes. Through examining the transformation, we will highlight how the sector is and can use actuarial expertise to not only assist with this transformation but also use basic actuarial principles to identify the key risks and their respective mitigation strategies.