As experts in risk, actuaries are natural leaders in Risk Management. The business world, along with the public sector, faces multiple challenges and greater uncertainty in the current hostile economic environment - it needs to manage its risks better to succeed and to serve all stakeholders well.
Actuaries can develop influential roles in wider risk management by building on core skills in our traditional areas, such as insurance. The profession can expand its horizon of activity to meet the needs of the wider business world as well as the demand of the profession’s growing global membership for stimulating and well rewarded jobs.
The Risk Management Board is working hard to deliver the Risk Management strategy agreed by Council in 2012
The strategy builds on the historic role actuaries have performed in helping to manage risks and aims to promote the role that actuaries can play in risk management. The Risk Management Board operates within terms of reference to:
- to make risk management a core theme for all our practices, our branding and our external messaging
- to work with employers of actuaries in risk management to ensure that training aligns with employers' needs
- to support members with new learning opportunities
- to leverage core positions where actuaries are well established, to raise the profile and access more influential roles
- to promote actuaries' risk management skills to the recruitment community
- to reinforce our band positioning with targeted research and thought leadership
- to collaborate with other risk organisations to provide access to new ideas and opportunities.
The Risk Management Board is supported by:
- Education, CPD, Career Support and Development Committee
- Risk and Investment Conference Programme Committee
- Actuarial Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Group
- Research and Thought Leadership Committee
Articles and information:
- 26 October 2015
- 28 September 2014
- 28 September 2014
- 20 April 2015
- 11 August 2017
- 10 October 2016
You might also like
For more information about Risk Management working parties contact the CommunitiesTeam.