Welcome to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Here you will find all the information about sitting our CT1 exam as a non-member, becoming a student member and sitting further exams.
Our CT1 Financial Mathematics exam is run twice a year April and September*. You can apply for this by completing our CT1 non-member registration form which is available during the exam registration opening window. *Please read important news below on the September 2018 exam sitting.
You can apply to become a student member all year round, however in time for exam sitting there are admission application deadlines.
Important news: 2018 examinations for non-members
With the introduction of our new Curriculum 2019, we are making changes to the exam options available to our non-members. Currently a non-member can only apply for the CT1 exam. However as we approach the new Curriculum 2019 examinations and we only have two exam sittings left of the current curriculum, we will be offering our non-members the following options:
- For the April 2018 exams, non-members will be able to apply for either CT1 (Financial Mathematics) or CT3 (Probability and Mathematical Statistics). This will give non-members the option to complete the CT1 exam if they have been studying towards this; or to take CT3 which if passed will gain a CS1 in 2019.
- For the September 2018 exams, non-members will only be able to apply for CT3. This is because CT1 and CT5 are merging under the new curriculum and passes in both will be required to gain the CM1 exam in 2019.
CT1 Financial Mathematics exam Q&As
Read our exam Q&As for information on:
- exam dates
- registering and booking for the exam
- exam cost and payment
- exam permits
- exam centres
- exam study and preparation
- exam changes and updates
Student admission to the IFoA Q&As
Read our student admission Q&As for information on:
- becoming a student member
- application criteria and process
- admission fees
- exam certification
Education Services Team
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, 1st Floor, Park Central, 40/41 Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1JD
We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days.