Personal Professional Development (PPD) records must be submitted annually via your PPD portal on the IFoA website. Your online records should evidence work-based activities that closely matches the 30+ competencies available. Each record must be specific to a certain work-based activity. If you wish to reference the same activity over multiple competencies, you must seek permission from the IFoA beforehand.
There is also an annual requirement to record your formal learning activity within PPD
When completing PPD records there are a number parts to complete. You must submit a record for each of the following.
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Formal Learning - Download our mini-guide
Each area requires
- An activity description – maximum 250 characters - Download our mini-guide
- A learning outcome – maximum 1054 characters - Download our mini-guide
- An activity date – this must be within the PPD year, it is not possible to edit or add information once the year has reset.
- Confirmation that the record has been discussed with your supervisor indicated by ticking the appropriate box (we may contact your supervisor during an audit for confirmation)