Candidates will need a working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing and will use Word and Excel.
The exam is split into two 3 hour papers (each with 15 minutes extra reading time), which are sat on two consecutive days, at UK times. These cover the main elements of the CA2 syllabus
- analysis of data
- development of a model with clear documentation (including an audit trail for a fellow student and senior actuary) and including appropriate checks
- ability to analyse the methods used and the model's outputs, including checks on the results
- ability to apply and interpret the results
- communication of the approach, results and conclusions to a senior actuary
- CA2 Paper 1 will largely focus on elements 1 and 2. It will be sat on Day 1 in the morning (UK time)
- CA2 Paper 2 will largely focus on elements 3, 4 and 5. It will be sat on Day 2 in the morning (UK time)
Login to your member account and check the 'Review exam bookings and permits' page for details of your exact exam times
Whilst CA2 will be two papers it is still classed as one exam and may not be taken in parts. Therefore candidates will need to sit both parts to gain a pass, and if a candidate is absent from one part they will receive an overall absent grade.
Instructions for access to the online platform will be sent to you by email one week before the start of the exam session.
Candidates are advised to download the Guide to CA2 Model Documentation, Analysis and Reporting which contains further information on:
- Entry requirements
- Format of the exam
- Details of the timings of the two papers
- How to book
- Guidance on marking
- 29 August 2018
- 21 December 2018
- 10 January 2019
You might also like
Education Services Team
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, 1st Floor, Park Central, 40/41 Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1JD
We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days.