The Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) is an international professional qualification offered by CAA Global to qualify those who excel in technical and analytical skills as trained analysts, giving financial institutions qualified professionals to fill key roles
The CAA qualification equips professionals with financial business, analytical and modelling skills. The qualification ensures that those working in technical roles within the insurance and financial services industries have the required skills and methodologies to allow businesses to provide assurance to regulators, stakeholders and the public at large.
What is CAA Global?
CAA Global is a joint venture of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA), based in the United Kingdom, and the Society of Actuaries (SOA), based in the United States. Formed to offer the Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) qualification around the world, CAA Global educates sharp minds to meet the growing need for professional analysts, particularly in financial services.
Why take the CAA?
The CAA is a gateway into the financial services and many other industries
Here are some appropriate roles:
- Actuarial Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Predictive Analyst
- Climate Analyst
- Policy Analyst
- Data Modeller
- Customer Analyst Modelling
- Unstructured Data Analyst
Why the CAA?
- Passport - An actuarial qualification is a passport to work around the world.
- No previous qualifications or experience required - you just need to be good at maths and love problem solving.
- Many industries - CAA is a gateway to a career in financial services, and many other industries.
- Online study materials - study where and when it suits you.
- Worldwide exam centres - over 1,500 exam centres in over 170 countries.
- In the public interest - As part of the Royal Charter members of the IFoA must act in the public interest.
- Fully qualify as an actuary - If you decide that you would like to become a fully qualified actuary you can.
The nature of the CAA means it has broad appeal. It will be relevant to:
- professionals working in actuarial teams in actuarial, data, pricing and marketing roles
- financial services professionals, perhaps already holding other qualifications
- those seeking to develop a differentiated skill set that will mark them out in a competitive environment
- school leavers with strong maths skills who want to start their career and learn on the job without having to undertake a degree.
- degree level candidates who are interested in actuarial work.
A bridge to the Fellowship pathway
The IFoA is committed to providing an opportunity for qualified CAAs to progress to the IFoA professional examinations. This would allow those who wish to become qualified actuaries to progress their career through the professional examinations route, to full Associate and Fellow membership. The IFoA is currently looking at ways in which this will become possible and further details will follow in the coming months.
Qualified CAAs who are interested in exploring this opportunity should register their interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I find out more?
Visit CAA Global to learn more about qualification and to understand how to register and take the exams and find all other information about the CAA qualification.
Andy Northey talks about transferring from the Fellowship pathway to the Certified Actuarial Analyst career route.
Another great case study from a very inspirational actuarial apprentice sitting the CAA exams.
Actuarial apprenticeship, Dominic Cordara, talks about studying for the CAA whilst working for a large firm of consulting actuaries.
Ewa Burdon, one of the first to pass the Certified Actuarial Analyst exams, talks about her CAA journey.
Halima Michelle Sadiq
Halima Michelle Sadiq, Risk Application Manager at Zurich Insurance, talks about her journey from IT to CAA.
CAA Sarah Bamford passed all her exams first time with no exemptions, in just under two years!
Actuarial apprentice, Zeenat Chady, talks about the advantages of earning while learning.
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, 7th Floor Holborn Gate, 326-330 High Holborn, London WC1V 7PP
We aim to respond to all enquiries within five working days.