This conference was chaired by Professor Tom Kirkwood, and focused on three work streams:
- Drivers for change (Leader: Stephen Richards FFA, Richards Consulting)
- Individualised risk (Leader: Professor Diana Kuh, Director of the MRC Unit for Lifelong Health and Ageing and of the MRC National Survey of Health and Development)
- Cohorts (Leader: Professor Carol Jagger, University of Leicester)
The conference addressed a number of wide-ranging topics, including:
- genetic predisposition for a healthy long life
- are we ageing better at the highest ages?
- lifetime body size and mortality risk
- the impact of lifestyle on longevity
For more information about mortality and longevity events please contact the Research and Knowledge Team.