The release of the PRA consultation paper may signal a good time for insurers to review and update their liquidity risk management framework. Within this presentation we discuss our interpretation of what the PRA’s liquidity consultation paper means for insurers and how this compares to our understanding of current market practice through answering the following questions:
- How should an insurer develop and maintain its liquidity risk appetite?
- What are considered the key sources of liquidity risk for insurers?
- Which assets held by insurers can be considered liquid?
- How should an insurer determine an appropriate liquidity buffer to hold?
- How could climate and ESG risks be considered within liquidity stress testing?
- What ongoing monitoring and reporting could be in place for liquidity?
- How is contingency planning considered in the context of liquidity?