The Actuarial Students' Society of Kenya is an umbrella body for student actuaries and BSc Actuarial Science students in Kenya.
Founded in 2013, it has 22 member universities.
The main objectives of the society include:
- co-ordinating member activities
- creating awareness of the actuarial profession amongst both students and the public
- upholding professionalism amongst actuarial students
- bridging the gap between students and the industry through social and professional events
- creating a link between industry and student actuaries.
The Society hosts various events which help it to achieve its objectives
These events are both social and professional and include:
- the annual Product Design and Modelling Competition, which is usually held in June. Students develop and model actuarial products with respect to the given theme. They are then judged by a panel of Fellows and prizes are awarded
- the annual ASSK cocktail evening, usually held in late October. This is a social event whereby student actuaries network with Fellows
- professional forums whereby specialists in a given area give a talk on a topic
- leadership training for our officials and campus representatives to guide them on how to lead their campus associations.
Who's who in the Actuarial Students' Society of Kenya
|Obadiah Moracha||Deputy Secretary General|
|Naomi Nyambura||Vice Treasurer|
|Abner Maina||Organising Secretary|
|Oscar Munene||Deputy Organising Secretary|
|Joseph Mathenge||Corporate Affairs Secretary|
|James Kimondo||Students Liaison Officer|
For information regarding regional societies, please contact our team