Speaking at our events and conferences provides an opportunity to share your expertise and contribute to the development of actuarial science. By speaking you will provide CPD opportunities for IFoA members. As a speaker you will also enjoy networking opportunities and additional benefits.
We deliver a wide variety of events throughout the year for which we select speakers
Alongside our six residential conferences we hold business skills seminars (masterclasses), sessional meetings, networking events, and one day seminars/workshops. We welcome proposals from members and non-members on technical and business skill subjects.
How to submit your proposal to speak at a conference or event or suggest a topic for a presentation
We issue calls for speakers for our conferences and events throughout the year. As part of your submission we request the following:
- 75 word summary which must include an outline of the technical level of knowledge required to understand the topic and the practice area(s)/theme that the topic falls within
- format of your session i.e. presentation, debate, panel session, round table discussion
- company and contact details (of all speakers involved).
If you want to nominate a speaker or topic, but do not want speak yourself, we are also keen to hear from you.
If you want to respond to our call for speakers please:
Call for Papers - ASHK 2nd General Insurance & Data Analytics Seminar: “Innovating for Success: Insurance Technology and Analytics to Profit and Thrive” on 7 October 2016, Hong Kong
Following on from the success of the inaugural seminar in 2014, the ASHK Non-Life Committee is organising the 2nd General Insurance and Data Analytics Seminar, “Innovating for success: Insurance technology and analytics to profit and thrive” on 7 October 2016 at Hotel ICON, Hong Kong. This one-day event aims to foster increased knowledge sharing and interaction between members of the insurance community.
The Organising Committee is currently seeking expressions of interest for speakers and panelists. If you are interested in presenting, please submit a synopsis of your talk and your biography (English and 150 words or less), together with a photo to Ms. Ada Lui - Chairperson of the Organising Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 July 2016. Full details of the seminar, including topics of interest, can be found in the Pre-Flyer.
GI One Day Seminars 2016
The General Insurance Education and Continuing Professional Development (GI ECPD) Committee invites you to put forward a proposal for one or more GI Seminar taking place in 2016.
The date of each event is listed below, please note that all seminars take place in central London:
Solvency II for Life Actuaries: From Measurement to Management (closing date 15 June)
15th September 2016, Staple Inn, London
Are you interested in presenting in this year’s Solvency II one day workshop
The IFoA is seeking speakers for the first conference following Solvency II going live. Now the issues are less, how is it going, and even more, how do we manage ourselves under this new regime?
Speakers are welcomed from regulatory bodies, consulting firms and industry (both large and small companies). We are particularly interested in finding experienced, confident speakers who are willing to share their particular perspective in Solvency II and how the industry might do things differently going forward.
Potential topics we would be interested in adding to the programme include:
· Just how volatile is the Solvency II balance sheet – what do early public disclosures tell us?
· What will the public disclosures tell us about an insurers financial strength?
· Procyclicality – how real is it and how to tackle it?
· Reinsurance and how this can stabilise the balance sheet
· Specific issues – the risk margin, asset repackaging for matching adjustment, equivalence
· International developments – how do other regions view Solvency II, trends in global standards
· Legal – interpreting the rules, issues arising
· Tax – what issues in the absence of the long-term fund?
We’re looking for a broad-based, thought-provoking event. The list is there to stimulate ideas, but please feel free to suggest your own.
If you’re interested in presenting, please submit your proposal to Mairi Russell at email@example.com with the following information:
· Session Title,
· Speaker name(s),
· a few words (max 75) on what you will cover in your session
· where you have presented this material before (if applicable)
The call for speakers will close on Wednesday, 15 June 2016.
Events Management Team