(Title links lead to book details on the IFoA Library catalogue. From here IFoA members, students and affiliates can 'Request' the book from the IFoA Library Service, subject to availability.)
- Options, futures and other derivatives: global edition. 9th ed. Hull, J. C. Prentice Hall, 2017. ISBN: 9781292212890.
(Borrow from libraries | Access eBook after member login to IFoA eLibrary via Athens*)
The 9th edition is also suggested reading for subject CM2, and core reading for SP6 and SA7 subjects of the IFoA exam curriculum from 2019.
Other editions held by the IFoA Library:
Options, futures and other derivatives. 9th USA edition, 2014. ISBN 9780133456318 (Borrow from libraries) (Borrow from libraries | Access eBook after member login to IFoA eLibrary via Athens*)
Options, futures and other derivatives. 8th edition, 2011. ISBN 9780273759072. (Borrow from libraries | Access eBook after member login to IFoA eLibrary via Athens*)
- Financial calculus: an introduction to derivative pricing. Baxter, M.; Rennie, A. Cambridge University Press, 1996. ISBN: 978-0521552899
(Borrow from libraries) | Access eBook after member login to IFoA eLibrary via Athens* ('Cambridge Core' provides access to chapters)
- Derivatives: practices and principles. Group of Thirty Global Derivatives Study Group. July 1993.
- Enhancing financial stability and resilience: macroprudential policy, tools and systems for the future. Group of Thirty Macroprudential Working Group; Ferguson, R.W., Jr. 2010.
* IFoA members can login to Athens here to search and access IFoA eLibrary resources via the Actuarial Knowledge Hub. Please contact Library Service to request an Athens account, available to IFoA members and Affiliates.
Filter or search events
Louise Pryor, IFoA President, will chair this free-to-view session, in which Alex Darsley, TPR, Actuarial Regulatory Policy, will be discussing the regulator’s Climate Change Guidance Consultation, which is seeking views on new guidance designed to help trustees meet tougher standards of governance in relation to climate change ri
This session will examine the megatrends and themes driving the Future of Work across the Financial Services industry, and how Covid-19 has accelerated new future work priorities with a particular focus on hybrid work and leadership mindset and capabilities.
Internal audit is often the Cinderella of the audit world. It’s a regulatory requirement for insurance companies to have an internal audit function, so why not make it as useful as possible? This session will look at how to link an internal audit plan to the risk register, and how that helps audit committees and boards to spot problems and fix them.
Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing our world today. Addressing it will require multi-faceted solutions. Through this panel session, we will explore the different levers that can be used to meet net-zero targets including climate science and data, government engagement, and mobilising green finance.