The IFoA places the advancement of actuarial science at the heart of its activities by commissioning and funding research that:
- advances actuarial science as a subject
- supports industry practitioners
- helps inform evidence-based public policy development.
To support this objective the IFoA supports and delivers research projects via:
- member led working parties
- a sessional research programme,
- commissioned research projects
- the Actuarial Research Centre (ARC)
- the British Actuarial Journal (BAJ)
- Annals of Actuarial Science (AAS)
- the Longevity Bulletin.
Our research reflects the key areas actuaries work in:
- Life insurance
- General insurance (non-life)
- Health and care
- Finance and investment
- Risk management
- Mortality and morbidity studies
- Resource and environment.
The IFoA recognises individuals whom have made significant contributions to the profession through the awarding of prizes, medals and Honorary Fellows.
You might also like
If you have any questions or wish to discuss any aspect of our research and thought leadership programme please contact the Research and Knowledge Team.