Working Paper 139 has been written by the COVID-19 Working Party, established in July 2020 to investigate the implications of COVID-19 on the CMI and to propose a consistent methodology that could be adopted by the CMI investigation committees.
The paper reports on:
- Population level mortality data against which 2020 experience can be benchmarked.
- Impact of the pandemic on population mortality in 2020.
- Adjustment methods for abnormal years of mortality or morbidity data.
- Considerations for setting mortality and morbidity assumptions.
- The impact on estimating uncertainty of mortality assumptions.
We ask several consultation questions, for which the deadline for providing a response is 1 November 2020.
You might also like
If you have any questions about the CMI please email
No results found.